Saturday, June 6, 2009

Locating old friends at Hyderabad - By Ravi(RSS) Year 1984

Finally made some time to go through the list of group members and a few current messages.Saw some verrry familiar names :-) and a few who I am not able to visualise just now.As far as I am concerned...my head now is like Rakesh Gulati's, if you know what I mean. My beard is still there though its become grey...oh I don't have to beapologetic...its white!!! I am still fat, and not much variation there and I still like good food! Just the other day I spoke to Prithviraj in Dubai and the best remembrance of those times was the after office hours analysis of all the sales calls I had made for the day. It's pure stupidity on my part that in spite of being in the UAE for the last 2 years I did not know that he was and is here!

I remember the Vazir Sultan deal where Rajkumar was so upset with Prithviraj on the discount the latter point blank refused. And then I convinced the same Prithviraj for a 2.5% piddly discount for 3 machines to be bought by Bhadrachalam Paperboard just round the corner at SD Road in Hyderabad.I remember how Rajkumar and his wife were like parents to me in Hyderabad and how they took care of me and the other two...LB Raj and Vishwanadham...we used to stay together in P&T Colony. if LB is reading this I went and met Veeranna and family in 1993 after a full gap of 9 years!! Sudhir Rao had taken me back to my memories. I hope they are fine!

Those were the days of Nuclear Fuel Complex, NIRD, ECIL, NPA, NAARM and so on and so forth. Krishnaveni, Raj and Ravikumar teaching me a lot of Typewriting.The security guard of Nuclear Fuel Complex having the same name as mine was a momentous situation because entry was never a problem ever after!!I wonder where is Vandana or Priya for that matter. Seshagiri I will never forget. Vivekananda Aryasri? I remember he bringing Azharuddin to a road show we were having and I had to conduct the demo!! Where is Prashant Unnikrishnan? You must remember Shankar Rao in his vests and lungi coming in to office at will. For people who do not know he was the landlord and off and on financier for Network (delayed salaries, et al).

The World Series at Australia, we watched in his house. Nobody worked for sure that day inspite of Prithviraj believing otherwise or pretending to!! Dayanidhi and Vishwanadham, they tought me how to service a machine. That was useful when I was in Vizag!! Sometimes I wondered whether I was the service engineer and was Vishwandham the sales guy!!And Rajkumar will always remember Chinna Rao. The fav auto driver hand picked by Rajkumar and later on my personal chauffeur.I won't bore you further...there is so much to just talk about. Hope we get to meet fast...and if anybody is visiting Dubai or en route to somewhere else please do call +971 50 9575518 or write to ravisarkar@yahoo.com.

If there is more demand perhaps I will ramble a bit more next time. And if there is none, who cares anyway. You have to tolerate my indulgence!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Ravi, I have gone through the blog.
    ait is good and intresting.

    Sandeep Kakkar
    Ex Employee of Network Ltd.
    Employee code 1726.

    ReplyDelete